Solar Hot Water
Replacing your old hot water service for a solar hot water system will save you money on your energy bills and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. There are several different types of solar hot water heating systems available and at PJT Green Plumbing we will help you choose the right system and solar hot water panels for you.
How do I know which solar hot water panel system is best for me?
There are several different types of solar hot water panels available. At PJT Green Plumbing we understand that learning about different solar panels and water heating systems can be overwhelming. With our many years experience in the solar hot water industry, you can rest assured that we will help you choose the right solar hot water heating solution for your unique situation.
Evacuated Tube Solar Hot Water
- Our preferred solar hot water systems use evacuated tube collector technology for greater efficiency, particularly important in Melbourne and regional Victoria during winter, when its most needed.
- The evacuated tube solar panels are top quality, durable, corrosion resistant, long-lasting and have a high energy yield for extremely effective solar hot water heating.
- The solar heated water is collected in a stainless steel or a glass-lined tank on the ground.
- Suitable for commercial solar hot water applications.
Flat Solar Hot Water Panels
- Flat panel solar hot water panel systems are usually cheaper than evacuated tubes.
Closed Coupled Solar Hot Water
- Closed coupled solar hot water with flat panel systems have the collection tank attached to the solar panels on your roof.
- These are very efficient but you will need to make sure that your roof is strong enough to hold the weight of the panels and tank when full.
- Heat Pumps have no need for roof-top panels and use the solar energy contained in the ambient air, whereby an internal refrigerant gas is warmed and then compressed to raise the temperature of the gas to a high level. The hot gas then runs through tubes within the unit and the heat is then transferred to the water contained in the internal storage tank.
- Ideal where no mains gas is available, or where there is no northerly aspect available on the roof for solar panels.
- Ask us how heat pumps will benefit your house, swimming pool/spa, residential or commercial development, industrial application or primary producer.
PJT Green Plumbing: Helping create a Clean Energy Future